If you use Avira Server Security with Avira for Exchange, please check if the installation folder of Avira for Exchange or the Exchange installation folders is accepted from the on-access scanning.
To do this, open the user interface of the Avira Server Security Console and go to Configuration → Real-time Protection → Products. Under "Exclude from Real-time Protection" select "Microsoft Exchange with Avira Exchange".
The setup of Avira for Exchange contains an Eicar test virus, which is always detected (with no exception), to test the product's functionality. Since Avira for Exchange is scanning the Inboxes for possible malware, Avira Server Security should no longer scan them.
You should also exclude databases, i.e. the directories corresponding to database applications (such as SQL Server, backup data).
The exclusions can be configured as follows:
- Go to Settings → Real-Time Protection.
- Click the tab Exceptions.
- Under "File objects to be omitted by the Real-Time Protection" insert the folder C:\windows\sysvol\ (*) and click Add.
- Next, insert the folder C:\windows\system32\dns\ and click Add.
- Confirm your changes with OK