To upload files on the FTP server, contact first Avira Support to send you the required account details.
Upload a file via FTP in Windows
- Open Windows Explorer (Shortcut key Win+E).
- Type the FTP-address in the address bar.
- Once connected to the FTP server, you can easily move to this folder the files you want to send us.
In case the FTP server cannot be accessed by your system and the Windows Explorer opens always another browser instead of the required FTP folder, then please check if the TFTP client is installed on your system.
To verify the TFTP client installation, please proceed as follows:
- Type appwiz.cpl in the lower left side search box of your taskbar and hit enter.
- Click in the upper left side the option Turn Windows features on or off.
- Activate within the "Windows Features" the option TFTP Client.
- Confirm the change with OK.
- Reboot your system, to gain access to the FTP folder.
Upload a file via FTP in MacOS
- Open Finder.
- Click Go.
- Click Connect to Server.
- Type the FTP-address in the "Server Address" text box.
- Click Connect.
- Enter a username and password if prompted.
- Upload the files to the FTP server.
By copying files and pasting them into the FTP server's folder, the files will be uploaded to the FTP server.
- Search for the file on your Mac.
- Click the file, then press the shortcut key ⌘ cmd+C.
- Open the FTP window.
- Press the shortcut key ⌘ cmd+V to paste in the copied file.