Heuristic refers to a "preliminary detection" feature that can also detect unknown viruses. This is due to a complex analysis of the affected code and scanning for virus-specific functions. If the analyzed code does meet such characteristics, it is reported as suspect.
This does not mean, however, that the code is a virus for sure; false positives may occur. Please, send us the files that were heuristically detected for further analysis.
Move the file to quarantine and send us this file by email, via the Quarantine option or you can send them using the submission form on our website: submit
We will analyze it and inform you about the potential danger.
Activate/ deactivate Avira Heuristics
- Click the Avira icon in your taskbar.
- Once the Avira panel opens, click Antivirus.
- Click the settings icon on the lower left side of the Antivirus window.
The Heuristics are configured for the System Scanner and Realtime Protection separately, so please select the corresponding module in the left panel.
- System Scanner: System Scanner → Scan → Heuristic
- Realtime Protection: Realtime Protection → Scan → Heuristic
Then you can activate/deactivate Heuristics in the configuration window.