Avira Exchange Security can also be operated in Database Availability Groups.
The following needs to be provided prior to an installation:
A functional DAG with the following components:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (including latest service packs and patches)
- Windows Server 2012 (64 bit)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (64 bit)
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 (64 bit)
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 (64 bit)
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 (64 bit)
- Required RAM: Exchange-recommendation and an additional 256 MB (minimum)
- Hard disk: at least 500 MB for installing Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0
- Users that are logged on in Active Directory with administrative rights for Active Directory.
The scanning is always done on the server that currently has an active information storage database.
Making the Avira Exchange Security DAG configuration available
Open the configuration and browse to Basic Configuration → Avira Server Settings and open Avira Server Settings.
Go to the tab "Global Options" and define a Global password and the Global Avira Server for the Quarantine Summary reports:
On the tab Synchronization, you can define if you want to make the configuration automatically available and in case you want to make the configuration automatically available you can define the “Master Avira Server”:
On the Avira Exchange Security interface, go to Basic Configuration → Avira Server and right-click on New → Avira Server. For the new server, enter the name of the DAG-member which is using the same configuration. Then, please save the configuration: