If you have tested your Avira product for 30 days and now want to switch to a full version, please proceed as follows:
- Click the Avira icon in your system tray.
- Click Antivirus.
- Click in the upper right corner the Question mark icon → License management.
- Enter the activation code you have just received via email during the purchase process.
- In the next window, you need to enter your personal data, to create the license. The fields that have a * are mandatory.
- The information about your license is now displayed. Please check your data and confirm with Next.
- The installation will then continue and can be completed by clicking on Finish.
- If you have not purchased a new license yet, please select the option Purchase/extend license. You will be directed to the online shop where you can buy a license. After completing the purchase and obtaining the activation key, you need to go back to step 1 of these instructions.
If the license installation fails
When entering the activation key (OTC), you might encounter one of the following error messages:
- Error code 407
It is not possible to connect with the activation server. A proxy is used for Internet connection.
Solution: Configure your Proxy settings in the license assistant.
- Error code 551
The activation code was not correctly inserted.
Solution: Check the code you inserted. Pay attention to capitalization and to the "-" character between the 5 blocks.
- Error code 555
You are using an OTC that does not match the Avira software you are using
Solution: Please stop the installation, check the Avira version in the order confirmation email and download the corresponding Avira software.
- Error code 556
The license period of the OTC entered has expired.
Solution: Purchase a new OTC from our online shop.
- No Internet connection
Please check your Internet connection. Avira was not able to connect to the license server to activate your product. Please contact our Support team, if you do not have an Internet connection and wish to activate your Avira software.
We hope you found this guide useful and that you enjoy the security of your Avira software.